We are looking for a Junior System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware, and networks. Being inventive is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and have the patience to communicate with a variety of teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
What are you going to do?
- Proactively work with solutions for daily IT problems – here you’ll have the room to use plenty your creativity;
- You will often find yourself thoroughly researching various documentations in English;
- Provide support in the use and operation of IT products and systems;
- Install and configure various systems and IT solutions;
- Support to our IT department in Venray, the Netherlands, if necessary.
What do we expect from you?
- Proven experience as a Junior System Administrator, or similar role;
- Personal projects (including PC builds, home labs, web projects, tech blog, work on open-source projects, overall, any technology related activities);
- Maintain, upgrade and support applications;
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery;
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms;
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written;
- Open-minded, result-oriented, and highly self-motivated person;
- Analytic, eager to improve, and establish the quality of the delivery;
- Able to meet deadlines and objectives without constant management.
What is it in for you?
- Private health insurance;
- Sports compensation for gym memberships, online sports subscriptions or sports equipment;
- Flexible schedule;
- Education budget for Certifications, Courses, Training and Conferences (a part of the education budget can be spent on gadgets, that stay yours);
- Books budget;
- 5 pm Club – a concept developed by ISD to offer 1-hour every week for self-development, development of your ideas and/or presentations to the team to improve public speaking skills.